Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week of September 27-October 3

It has been unseasonably warm this week.  We love it!  It has been in the 80s and 90s.  Monday and Tuesday were regular days for us, with Kevin at work, Emily at school, James at preschool, and me working from home.  Wednesday 9/29 James and I drove to Logan to get Rene.  I scheduled some appointments with students at the library.  I enjoyed meeting with 6 students and parents.  I drove Rene to Ogden and dropped her off there, then headed home.

An hour or so later, the kids and I drove to Park City to meet my parents at their condo (Marriott Mountainside at Park City Ski Resort).  We enjoyed swimming in the warm outdoor pool under the stars.  The next morning we all took a drive to Deer Valley.  The fall colors were beautiful!  We went to a new fancy hotel called St. Regis.  To get to the hotel we took a funicular up the mountain.  The hotel was gorgeous as was the weather.  We hung around and enjoyed the nice weather and good view.  We drove up to Guardsman's Pass area where we could see Heber Valley.  It was a nice drive.

The kids went swimming again, with Grandpa.  Later we all went to the outlets then the kids and I went home.  The kids had skating that night and did well.

Friday I went to a counselors conference at the U of U.  It was fun to be in the union building on the college campus where I went to school.  So much has changed that I didn't really know where I was.  The dorms I lived in (Van Cott Hall) have not existed since 2002 when the Olympics came to SLC.  The student housing is now at Fort Douglas.  The conference was good.  It was mostly about being admitted and attending the U.  Kevin and I went to lunch together then I went home.

We picked up Rene at the Trax station that evening when Kevin was home.  We went to Sigfried's Delicatessen (a German Deli) in downtown Salt Lake. 

Saturday October 2 was another beautiful day.  We went to Ikea and got a cool lamp for Kevin's new (forthcoming) studio.  Later that day we went to Park City to the outlets and got some great deals.

Today is Sunday, General Conference Day.  We are going to my brother Mike's house in a while for a family get-together.

Jamesims of the week:  We saw a baby deer along the highway.  James was sad because it was alone and without its mom.  He said when he grows up he wants to be an animal saver.  I said "oh, how precious."  He said what would be even more preciouser was if we took the deer home and had it for our pet. I told him that wouldn't be good because it would eat all our grass and poop in our yard.  He suggested we get a deer toilet.

Emily is an awesome reader.  She is quickly reading the "Ramona Quimby" books and the "Magic Treehouse" series.  She is a great student and a cute cute girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment