Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 4-24, 2010

I am not used to the blogging thing, so I have to remember to log in a make a new post more often.

Nana went back to Phoenix on October 4.  We enjoyed her company and the kids miss her.

The weather has been pretty nice until yesterday, when we could feel winter coming on.  Yuck!  It's been cold and rainy, but in the days previous, it has been beautiful, sunny, and warm. 

Emily and I went to the Utah Symphony on the 9th to see a 16-year old pianist play "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini."  We met my parents there.  We saw Igor Pianykh, who was one of the first students I worked with, back in 1996.  He has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair, now 26 years old.  He graduated from SLCC this year.  It was fun to see him.

On the 15th, the kids met my parents and cousins (David's family) for a field trip to Temple Square and downtown SLC.  They had a great time riding Trax, going to the top of the Church Office Building, and having a tour of the Conference Center and Temple Square.  I was at a school event so I did not go.

My parents are currently on a cruise to Italy, Greece, Israel, and Croatia. 

Last night we went to a Halloween Party at the Milners' house.  Emily's costume is a pirate girl, James is a cowboy with a horse, Kevin was Phantom of the Opera, and I was a polygamist (or pioneer), wearing my mom's old maternity dress from the 70s.

Emily has been off track. We've done some fun things like see the movie "Secratariat" and go to Wheeler Farm.  She's been busy making crafts (purses from the pockets of James' old pants) and playing with James. 

Work has been busy for me.  I have been doing SEOPs (Student Education Occupation Plans).  I meet with a few students per week online or in the office. I enjoy talking with them and seeing what their plans are after high school.  In preparation for the meeting I do a credit audit, to see whether or not they are on track to graduate.

Kevin is busy at work too.  He has been training for the new Epic billing software which goes live throughout the entire University of Utah Health Network on October 31.

The studio in our home is done!!!  We are thrilled with it.  It took about 4 weeks.  it is beautiful!  We had a contractor and subcontractors do it.  Kevin has moved his computer and speakers, drums, instruments, microphones, etc. into the new studio.  We set up an old computer of my dad's for the kids to use.  They are loving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment